- All Articles
- Bedwetting / Nocturnal Enuresis
- Corporate Coaching
- Destiny and Purpose
- Divorce Recovery
- Emotional Trauma
- MORE Articles!
- Phobias and fears
- Relationship Counselling
- Stop Smoking
- Transpersonal Counselling
- Weight Loss
- Does Gastric Band Hypnotherapy work?
- Help for Anxiety, PTSD, OCD, Panic Attacks
- Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy Surrey and Twickenham
- Victims of Exclusive Brethren Cult
- More Self-Help Articles
- Hypnotherapy – information
- How can Hypnotherapy help?
- How Hypnotherapy helps with fears and phobias
- Links for self-help
- Free Assessment Session
- Finding your Purpose and Destiny
- Social Anxiety
- Inner Child Healing – Dealing with Emotional Trauma
- Alphabetical List of Phobias and Fears
- Transpersonal Counselling in Surrey
- Relationship Counselling Surrey
- Hypnotherapy and EFT for Weight Loss Surrey
- Hypnotherapy for Bedwetting (Enuresis)
- Why is it so difficult to quit smoking?
- Can YOU be hypnotised?
- Stop Smoking using Hypnotherapy and EFT
- Fears, Phobias and Panic Attacks
- What is Regression Therapy?
- What is Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT ?
What is social anxiety and why is it so debilitating? Social anxiety is an acute anxiety reaction to any social situations – parties, small gatherings, workshops or other casual or formal events where people get together to enjoy themselves or share a common bond. When someone suffers from social anxiety, they start to sweat just thinking about one of these gatherings. Basically, they have an anxiety attack (that can mimic feelings of a heart attack) in response to being in a social setting. Social anxiety is incredibly limiting to one’s life. If you can’t go to parties, feel safe working in an office with many employees, gather for your book group, or even go see a movie, then your life gets smaller and smaller.
Clearing Social Anxiety with Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is a relaxing and uplifting way to deal with your anxieties. There are a number of advantages to using hypnosis. Many people with anxieties also struggle to relax, and are hyper-vigilant, always needing to be in control or worrying about the next ‘event’ they will have to cope with. Hypnotherapy can be used in different ways – straight suggestion (helping the brain to associate relaxation and calm with the previously stressful events); – analysis (finding the underlying causes and history); which should always be done along with – inner healing (healing the inner child that is still struggling with past events – even though these may seem really minor to the adult). I would suggest using all three of the above, and also adding EFT (see below) to the mix! It’s an awesome combination and it works!
Clearing social anxiety with EFT
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is an incredibly easy technique to learn, and it is awesome! It is often easier to start off with a practitioner, who will help you to deal with past issues, as almost all social anxiety is connected to past experiences of events which were uncomfortable or embarrassing. You should then also be taught to use the technique yourself.
Please contact me for hypnotherapy for social anxiety, combined with EFT for social anxiety.